Jump Your Way to Unknown Realms with Dragon, Fly!
Dragon, Fly! is a new and addictive game for Android that quickly stole the hearts of many mobile gamers. Although the gameplay and graphics are a bit simple, you will get easily hooked on this game. Read on for a quick review and the best tips and tricks for progressing quickly through the game!
A Short Review of Dragon, Fly! on Android
Dragon, Fly! is a new Android game that has become hugely popular in a short space of time. The game is very simple in terms of both graphics and gameplay, but this does not stop it from being worth a look. You play a small, baby dragon and you've only just hatched from your mothers’ egg and thus cannot fly. Luckily for you, the landscape is characterized by lots and lots of hills, which you must use as ramps to gain height, speed and distance. The ultimate goal is to gain as much ground as possible on the dragon mother, as she pursues you relentlessly.
To make Dragon, Fly! a bit more of a challenge, the landscape is divided up into ‘realms’ which essentially form the levels. The game becomes more addictive because there are various possibilities for upgrading, which result in a greater head start for the small dragon. In order to reach a higher level you must pass three challenges each time, which naturally increase in difficulty. The challenges are not always the same or even similar in nature, so that the game contains a ‘new’ element each time your dragon gains a level.
Gaining levels and upgrading the little dragon is one way of progressing through the game. However, as a player you can also go up in ranks. This online ranking system adds greatly to the game and you are constantly reminded of your progress. All these elements combined make Dragon, Fly! an excellent game to simply pick up and play for a while, especially if you don't want anything too deep or difficult. The gameplay is fun for a while, but in the end perhaps too repetitive. Whether the upgrading elements are enough to keep you hooked remains to be seen, but we fear that the game will need something extra to remain interesting in the long run.
Regardless of whether or not you are new to the game, here are a few tips and tricks to keep Dragon, Fly! going and to help you win a little bit quicker.
Tips and Tricks to Win in Dragon, Fly!
Although there is not much to Dragon, Fly! in terms of gameplay and strategy there surely are a few things that you can, and should, do to enhance your chances. Not only will you be able to stay away from the mother dragon for a longer period of time, you will upgrade faster and progress in ranks much quicker. Here are a few tips and tricks to make your Dragon, Fly! experience a little bit easier:
- First of all, in order to gain a decent head start on the mother dragon, you should focus entirely on upgrading your baby dragon. As such you have to make sure to stick to the three challenges that will make the dragon progress a level. Only when your dragon gets a serious head start can you start thinking about setting a high score.
- When trying to beat the three challenges for upgrading you might want to focus on one at a time. Having to start over does not in any way affect your score or ranking, so you can have as many attempts as you want. Although the challenges usually do not ‘overlap’, it is simpler and less stressful to just do them one by one.
- Do not push your luck. Although you might think that you can just make it to a certain ‘valley’ this can be very deceiving. As the dragon makes a sharp descent at the last minute it is safer to ‘bring him in’ early and make sure to keep your speed going. Landing on the upward steep part of a valley is a guarantee for quick defeat, so avoid this at all costs.
- When aiming to set a high score, it pays off to roughly know where the diamonds are. If you are really serious about it, make appropriate notes and adjust your course accordingly. Collecting a lot of diamonds will help greatly towards setting a good score and making it onto the rankings.
Do not worry too much about lining up the ‘swooshes’ unless you really have to (such as in a challenge). Although swooshing is cool in this game, just missing one will not have too great of an impact on your speed or high score unless you really messed up. So, unless a challenge tells you to, keeping speed going is better than swooshing a lot and messing up big-time all of a sudden.
- Talking of speed, use the blue bottles to gain speed as much as you can as they can greatly accelerate you.
So there you have it. These hints for Dragon, Fly! will help you make it a bit quicker in the game. Although it does not take rocket science to figure most of these out, it does save you some precious playtime. Dragon, Fly! for Android is a fun game with a decent degree of challenging gameplay to keep you occupied during those boring moments. Best of all, it is free in the Android Market.