Guide to Coins, Energy, XP, Wood and Empire Points
1. Located at the top-right corner of the screen, the yellow bar is very important to keep your empire up and running.
2. For every building you build, whether houses, barracks, industrial buildings, you spend a certain amount of energy (for example, building farms requires 3 Energy).
3. The yellow bar decreases by 1 point for each action performed while building a unit and replenishes in 2-3 minutes.
4. No need to buy energy as you can gift it and get from your FB friends. The more you gift, the more chances of getting plenty of energy from your friends.
Experience Points (XP):
1. Earning experience points helps you to level up and unlock more buildings and units.
2. You can collect XP (Blue star) through battles, visiting your FB friend’s island, exploring and doing various other tasks. Almost every activity you perform will give you experience points.
3. Once the blue bar at the top-right corner of the screen (just beside the energy bar) fills up, you level up and the game notifies any buildings or units unlocked.
On the top-left corner of the screen, you will notice three icons: Coins, Wood and Empire Points. Let’s find out what are they used for:
1. Wood is required to construct buildings and additional objects of decoration. You can salvage wood by chopping down trees, building lumber mills or by purchasing them from the market.
2. If you chop down trees, you salvage less wood. The best option is to build lumber mills and lumber contracts (more on that later) to produce wood quickly.
3. Other options include visiting yor FB friend's islands (FB friends or Captain Steele’s island) and harvesting their mills or invading your friend’s island.
1. Empire points help you expand your island.
2. You will need them to staff incomplete government buildings in case you fail to recruit friends (your FB pals are also required to staff the government building, else you will have to buy staff, and I know you won’t do that).
3. You will also need them to access extremely useful power-ups that will help you in combat.
4. Empire points are not coins and hence you will have to buy them or complete certain tasks. To buy them, click on the Get Empire Points button just beside the help button.
5. If you don’t want to spend money, go to the Earn Empire Points menu to complete various tasks, such as registering a job portal, filling in a survey, purchasing utility software etc. The points vary with the tasks offered. I recommend clicking on categories – all offers than the most popular options. Accessing all offers helps you choose the right one that might does not require any additional purchase.
1. Games based on the Zynga model have a virtual currency system. These “Coins" serve as currency and are required to build industrial and military buildings and houses.
2. The more coins you have, the more you can buy different items. There are plenty of ways to earn coins.
3. You can get them during combat (coins drop during each wave of attacks) and can earn them by building farms and planting different crops.
4. You can also earn coins by building a variety of houses and earning rents by clicking on them.
5. Collect them by visiting your friends’ empires and clicking on their buildings.
6. Earning coins can be possible by building markets and selling resources through them.
Game Settings: Game settings (on your right-hand side) allow you to toggle sound effects, music, play in full screen, zoom in and zoom out. The settings menu has a gear icon which can be toggled on or off.
Next Page: Quick Guide for New Players…