Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince Game Cheats & Tips for the PS3
Looking for Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince cheats and tips (PS3)? A wizard can always use some extra help. Check this out for help on how to earn magic crests, trophies and rewards.
PS3 Cheats: Hogwarts School of Magic Crest Rewards
Note: Unlock the following items and bonuses with the appropriate number of crests:
Draco and Luna Dueling Pack 1 (two players)
Increase health in duels
Training ground dueling arena pack 2 (two player)
Dung bombs (find in prank boxes at Hogwarts)
Crabbe and Goyle dueling pack 2
Earn extra bonuses in flying events
Exploding cauldrons (find in prank boxes at Hogwarts)
Transfiguration dueling arena pack 4 (two player)
Maximum health in duels
Ginny and Hermione dueling pack 5 (two player)
Love Potion (located in Potions club)
Paved courtyard dueling arena pack 4 (two player)
Increase the number of mini-crest with each spell cast
Severus Snape multi-player dueling pack 7
Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince PS3 Game Tips
Winning Fights or Duels
- Cast the Petrificul Totalus or Levi Corpus spell. Charge your Stupify, then release it after it chimes twice. Note this spell does not work on Fenir Grayback.
Accumulating large amounts of Mini-Crests
- Use the Luck potion while you are on your way to Herbology. Now, every time you use the Diffindo spell, you will get the maximum amount of mini-crests.
Finding Bonus Crests
After completion of the Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince PS3 game, go to Hogwarts and locate fireworks boxes. Use the Incedio spell to burn them. This will release a broken crest. Repair it with Reparo and then pick it up.
Locating the Four Secret Trophies
- In the “Mystery Solved" chapter, retrieve Slughorn’s missing memory.
- In “Quidditch Champion", win the Quidditch cup.
- Complete the “Escaped the Cave" chapter.
- Protect the burrow in the “Burrow Defender" chapter.
Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince game Screenshots
Note: Complete the following missions to receive a trophy
- Create a cool Christmas party for Slughorn
- Help a student retrieve their stolen Gobstone
- Clean up Fred and George’s mess at the Burrow
- In the Pensieve, view Dumbledore’s first memory of Tom Riddle
- Complete Crest Collector: Level 1, 2,3,4,6,7,8,9,11,12,13
- Earn the “Potion Beginner’s Luck Badge"
- Help Ron avoid Lavender
- Earn the following badges: Speeding Brewer, Potions Club Star, Potions Club Veteran, Dueling Beginner’s Luck, Reflex, Dueling Club Champion, Dueling Veteran, Quidditch Beginner’s Luck, Precision Flier, Combo Flier, and Keen Flier
- Utilize all portrait shortcuts
- Complete Crest Collector Level 5, 10, 14
- Hide the Half-Blood Prince’s Potion book
- Assemble the Gryffindor Quidditch team
Image Credits: Screenshots taken by Sheila Robinson