Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii
So when rumours hinted at the possibility that there would finally be a Kingdom hearts for Wii, everybody went crazy. At first it was the EGM magazine who made an April's Fool Joke article saying that a new title called "Mushroom Kingdom hearts" would make its debut in the Wii, featuring the usual Disney and Final Fantasy characters but with also with the presence of Mario! It was quite clear that this was a fake, but it still gave hope to the millions of fans who were waiting for the sequel.
Then Nintendo Power announced that "a secret RPG is coming to the Wii!". This new RPG was revealed to be indeed a new Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii, with the following features:
- Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a Wii exclusive, developed and published by Square-Enix.
- Tetsuya Nomura is the game director.
- Yoko Shimomura is the game's music composer.
- It will be a direct sequel to KH2, but it will also reveal interesting things about the game Chains of Memories.
- Sora will be again the main character, together with a new mysterious girl.
- Combat system vastly improved, every attack looks "sick" and uses Wii-Remote in a very intuitive way .
- Best looking Wii game, the animations look incredible and the art direction is a little less "kiddie".
Unfortunately, this was yet another April Fools joke, this time from Nintendo Power!