- slide 1 of 6
This game is a mix of classic puzzles that get progressively harder, and turn based battles that fit into an RPG-inspired plot set in space. Admittedly this puts things a little all over the map, but you may find that these seemingly disparate elements actually work together well once you get used to them.
- slide 2 of 6
The story in this game is a mixed bag. It starts off slowly, almost painfully slowly, but as you get deeper into the game, things will begin to pick up pace. Since the plot is generally thin I won’t spoil it for you, but suffice it to say that it involves pirates in space. The thinness of the plot is not really a detraction however, because most of your focus will be on the puzzles.
- slide 3 of 6
Puzzles and Gameplay
The puzzles are where this game shines. You have a board full of different colored hexagon shaped jewels, which you have to align to clear the board. The minimum set is 3, but you should be careful. Not all colors are equal. Each color does something for you like powering weapons/shields, getting you experience, or allowing you to damage your enemies. If this was not enough to make things challenging, you should know that pieces may drop in from any side of your 6 sided board. They will go in the direction of your last move, so be careful which way you move your pieces. All in all, juggling these factors make the game a challenge even for the most highly analytical players. The same puzzle board is also used to unlock new levels and get items. Just be aware of the charge in objective when you switch goals.
- slide 4 of 6
The graphics in this game are varied and strong. The colors are vivid, and the 3D is way more than you should expect from what is basically a puzzle game. You will find that the graphics in this game are more of a pleasant surprise than you may have expected when you bought the game. It lives up to and surpasses the box art.
- slide 5 of 6
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1
- CPU Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 2100+
- Memory: XP – 512 MB RAM, Vista – 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 1 GB of free space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB Video Memory
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9200
- Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 4 TI
- Media Required: 6X CD-ROM drive
- Windows XP/Vista compatible mouse and keyboard with latest drivers, does not support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT
Recommended System Requirements
- Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 2800+
- 256 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
- Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 6800
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- slide 6 of 6
All in all, if you enjoy playing puzzle games and are not to worried about plot, then you will enjoy this title’s challenges. This highly addictive game is worthwhile for any fan of puzzles as well as any fan of RPG's. This is the kind of game that can support the case that video games can actually increase intelligence.