- slide 1 of 8
Introduction - Plants vs. Zombies Tree of Wisdom
Plants vs. Zombies, Popcap’s award-winning, modified tower-defense game, contains a number of clever mini-games in addition to the primary theme game. The Tree of Wisdom serves as one of these incredibly fun mini-games, and it is also the one that has limitless play. The Tree of Wisdom becomes available in Crazy Dave’s garden in the back of his car after the Zen Garden is unlocked in Level 5-4. It can be bought for $10,000 coins.
- slide 2 of 8
Growing the Tree of Wisdom
The Tree of Wisdom grows in one way. It must be fed special fertilizer bought from Crazy Dave’s garden shop for $2,500. It is found on the second page of the shop and should not be mistaken with the Zen Garden fertilizer used to make the zen garden plants grow. Each application of the tree food will make the tree grow one step and offer a bit of wisdom about the game. At specific heights the tree will also provide fun extras to enhance the game. For example, players can have zombies wearing cool shades shambling across their screen by typing ‘future’ after the Tree of Wisdom reaches 11 feet in height.
- slide 3 of 8
The Tree’s Wisdom (1-15 feet)
The following list contains spoilers for the Tree of Wisdom. Please do not read further if you wish to unlock them for yourself. The tree gives wisdom from level 1 to level 48. After level 48 it only gives wisdom at very specific heights.
- Thank you for feeding me! Keep giving me food and I'll give you valuable information!
- Chompers and Wall-nuts work exceedingly well together.
- You want two columns of sunflowers.
- Snorkel Zombies... are best dealt with, with Wall-nuts on Lily pads, that’s how.
- Have you heard of the elusive Yeti Zombie? Some say he likes hiding where it's pitch black.
- How many cherry bombs does it take to take down a Gargantuar? Here's a hint: more than one, fewer than three. Here's a more explicit hint: Two.
- If you're looking for mushroom plants for your Zen Garden, you'll have better luck playing on levels where it's night time.
- I wouldn't worry about permanently damaging your lawn with Doom-shrooms. In time the earth heals itself.
- Have you tried clicking on the flowers on the main menu? Give it a shot! I'll wait here.
- Legend has it that frozen zombies eat slower. I'm here to tell that legend has its facts straight.
- Pssst! Try typing 'future' while playing to experiences zombies... from the FUTURE!.
- What's cheaper than free? Nothing! That's why Puff-shrooms are essential on all night levels!
- Are you hoping to find water plants for your Zen Garden? I bet my phloem you'll have the most luck searching in pool levels.
- Have you noticed that Gargantuars sometimes use OTHER ZOMBIES to bash your plants? Whatever works, I guess.
- Stinky the Snail sure loves his chocolate. Maybe loves it a little too much, you know? He won't sit still for an hour after he's had some.
- slide 4 of 8
- slide 5 of 8
Tree of Wisdom - Plants vs. Zombies - Continued (16-35 Feet)
- If you think playing survival 'endless' mode only drops pool-style plants for your Zen Garden, think again! It drops everything-style.
- Often the question is asked: where do you find chocolate? A better question would be: where DON'T you find chocolate? It drops in every game mode.
- Grave busters, eh? Pick 'em only when you can see graves on the right side of the screen along with the zombies. That's what I do.
- I've heard that Buckethead zombies take five times as many hits as regular ones.
- The number of coins you receive in Wall-nut bowling is proportional to how cool you are as measure of how many ricochets per nut you can pull off.
- Do multiple Snow-peas in a row slow zombies down more than just one? The sad but truthful answer is 'Nay.'
- You know that zombies emerge from gravestones, right? So what's stopping you from using Gravebusters to get rid of them in Survival night? Is it pride?
- If you're looking for the inside info on how long a level's going to be, count the flags on the level meter. That'll set you up real nice.
- Roof cleaners. Classic items. Can't recommend them highly enough. Best thing about them? They give you a shot at beating Pogo Party.
- If you're wondering if feeding a Hypno-Shroom to a dancer zombie compels him to summon backup dancers for you, bet it all on 'Yes.'
- Make Money Fast! By Playing Survival Endless! Then E-mail Me Your Bank Account Number!
- You'd think Torchwoods would douse snow peas. And you'd be correct, because you, my friend, are one smart cookie.
- Those hateful Zombotany zombies! Who do they think they are, shooting at your plants? It's a good thing Wall-nuts stop 'em cold.
- The Pogo Party and Bobsled Bonanza mini-games are really, really, really difficult. Wanna drop one of those 'reallys' off that description? Use the Squash.
- Just when you thought jalapenos couldn't be any more useful, a Tree of Widowm lets you know that they also destroy the Zomboni's ice trails! Bam!
- Once you buy the Imitater, try clicking the little drawing in the upper left corner of your Almanac to access the entry on that sucker.
- I hear that typing 'mustache' brings about a terrifying transformation in the undead!
- Please do not tap on the glass! Or actually, go ahead, right-click on your Aquarium Garden or during Zombiquarium to deafen your underwater creatures.
- When I was just an acorn my grampa told me, 'Son, Vasebreaker puzzles are much easier if you break the vases on the right side first.'
- Dancers in I, Zombie may seem expensive, but in the right situation they're worth every penny.
- slide 6 of 8
- slide 7 of 8
The Tree's Wisdom Continued (35-48 feet)
- I had a dream. In it, cattail spikes popped balloons and dropped zombies to the ground. I don't know what it means.
- Growing aquatic plants in your Zen Garden is pretty much impossible without the Zen Aquarium. Just saying.
- Digger zombies violate the natural order with their subterranean ways. It's only fair to use Magnet-shrooms to steal their mining picks.
- Every day brings new challenges and opportunities. Oh, and new Marigolds in Crazy Dave's Shop.
- Mushroom Garden! Huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing'! Except growing mushrooms, that is.
- Tired? Depressed? Ladders on Tall-nuts getting you down? A quick Magnet-shroom will whisk your cares away!
- The tallness of Tall-nuts earns widespread acclaim due to their effectiveness vs. Dolphin Riders and Pogo Zombies.
- The explosive force of a Cherry Bomb is more than capable of dislodging a ladder from a wall-nut.
- It's tempting to feed all your chocolate to Stinky the Snail. He's such a chocolate hog. But remember: zen garden plants like chocolate too!
- Torchwood fire is hotter than rage, but Zombonis, screen doors, ladders and catapults can take the heat.
- If you rely on upgrade plants in Survival endless, be acutely aware that they get more expensive the more you have on your lawn.
- The Imps in I, Zombie seem weak. But they're speedy and great for fetching that last brain when you've cleared the rest of the opposition.
- If you type 'tricked out,' don't be surprised if you see something wacky happen to your lawnmowers.
- slide 8 of 8
The Tree of Wisdom will actually continue to give wisdom at levels 100, 500 and 1,000. After it reaches 1,000 feet, it will no longer give any further wisdom for Plants vs. Zombies, but it will continue to grow if fed more fertilizer. More spoilers follow here, so skip to the bottom if you do not want to see them.
- 100 feet: Hey, I'm 100 feet tall! Celebrate with me by typing 'daisies' to get the zombies to leave tiny daisies behind when they die.
- 500 feet : Whoa! I'm 500 feet tall! this calls for some dancing! type 'dance' to get the zombies to boogie on down!
- 1,000 feet: WOW! I'm 1000 feet tall! Celebrate with me by typing 'pinata' to make zombies spit out candy when destroyed!
These codes do not work until the Tree of Wisdom has reached the appropriate height. The key to growing the Tree of Wisdom is making lots and lots of coin. Since Crazy Dave runs out of things to sell fairly quickly into the second round of Adventure Play, players will eventually have nothing to spend their money on besides fertilizer and tree food. Please note that only one "extra" option can be turned on at a single time. For example, if the "future" option is turned on and the zombies have glasses, they will not create daisies when they die. To turn off a feature, simply type the code again.