- slide 1 of 4
The Sims 3 Moodlets
Moodlets in "The Sims 3" are basically just how your Sim is feeling about what they have experienced and even about their surroundings and Sims 3 objects. Your Sims have many options of mood effects or moodlets that they have the capability of receiving.
There are positive moodlets, negative moodlets, and even some that have no benefit except for a side benefit, such as increasing learning skills faster. The effects can also last for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely until the Sim leaves the area or stops using an object.
- slide 2 of 4
How to Get Rid of Negative Moodlets
Some of The Sims 3 moodlets are not good for your Sim. In fact, some can even cause death and make your Sim become a ghost. If you don’t know what to do to get rid of a negative moodlet, just click on the moodlet and your Sim will then be directed to do what they need to in order to get rid of the moodlet. This could be jumping into a dive well, cleaning up their area, or simply going inside.
Some effects can also be removed if your Sim uses the “Moodlet Manager” which can be purchased from lifetime happiness rewards. The Moodlet Manager doesn’t always work though, and could cause your Sim to pass out on the spot.
Another option to remove moodlets in the game is by using The Sims 3 cheats for “testingcheatsenabled true” which you then only need to push CTRL and click on the negative effect to get rid of it.
- slide 3 of 4
Types of Moodlets
There are vast amounts of moodlets available for your Sims. The following articles will give you a more in-depth view of how your Sims will be affected by The Sims 3 moodlets for each of these types of moodlets.
- The Sims 3 hunger moodlets – these mood effects are all about food. Find out how your Sim is affected by being hungry, what they eat, what they drink, and more.
- The Sims 3 energy moodlets – these mood effects are focused on having energy. Find out how sleeping, not sleeping, and waking up expectantly affect your Sims.
- The Sims 3 bladder moodlets – these mood effects are all about your Sim’s bladder. Find out more about what happens when your Sim really has to go!
- The Sims 3 hygiene moodlets – these mood effects are all about your Sim’s hygiene. Sims can feel fresh and clean or smelly. Find out more with this article!
- The Sims 3 fun moodlets – these mood effects are all about your Sim having fun. Find out what makes your Sim have fun and what doesn’t with this guide.
- The Sims 3 social moodlets – these mood effects are all about your Sim interacting with others, or perhaps not interacting with others well. Some Sims just don’t play well with others.
Sims are also affected by many other things besides their base needs. Check out these articles for more information on these types of moodlets:
- The Sims 3 body moodlets – this article focuses on things that involves your Sim’s body, such as by going to the spa, how they feel working out, and more!
- The Sims 3 work moodlets – Sims have to go to work, but how do they really feel about it?
- The Sims 3 object moodlets – Sims are highly affected by objects and their homes, find out how so with this guide!
- The Sims 3 personal moodlets – some Sims are just lucky and feel great, others are unlucky. Find out how Sims differ and which moodlets they can all receive for personal moodlets.
- The Sims 3 romance moodlets – Sims love to be in love and have great moodlets for being in love, and very negative ones for heart ache. Find out more with this guide!
- The Sims 3 travel moodlets – Sims can travel with The Sims 3: World Adventures, and they receive many fun moodlets. Find out more in this guide.
- The Sims 3 baby moodlets – having a baby in The Sims 3 can be a very exciting time. Find out how your Sim’s mood will be affected by them.
- The Sims 3 kids moodlets – kids and teenager Sims have different moodlets that they can receive. Find out which extra ones they can get with this guide.
- The Sims 3 surroundings moodlets – Sims are highly affected by their surroundings. Find out how their home can make them feel, and how some Sims are afraid of the dark with this guide.
- The Sims 3 arts moodlets – Sims love the arts and entertainment. Find out how they feel when going to the theater, stadium, and more with this guide.
- The Sims 3 environmentalism – some Sims are very eco-friendly and receive positive moodlets for helping their environment. Find out how with this guide.
- The Sims 3 fire moodlets – a warm and cozy fire is a very fun thing for your Sims to enjoy, but fire can also be dangerous, find out how with this guide!
- slide 4 of 4
All screenshots and references from The Sims 3.
Screenshots provided by the writer.