- slide 1 of 5
An Introduction To Wii Homebrew
Wii homebrew refers to the method of altering the Wii gaming console to play other games not normally available for the Wii. Therefore, the word “homebrew” can be explained as “homemade software,” and the software is unlicensed. One of the greatest things about Wii homebrew is the variety of games and applications available for it. It is possible to obtain games for your Homebrew console either for free or at a fraction of the cost of regular games. This can be one of the reasons that gamers have established a homebrew system.
- slide 2 of 5
Configuring Wii Homebrew
Altering your regular gaming console to homebrew can be done with a few basic steps. There are numerous articles that give a step-by-step guide for changing your Wii console to the homebrew version. It will be necessary to configure your Wii to access homebrew games.
In order to play Wii homebrew games, the gaming console will need to be altered, and it is important the gamer has the basic understanding of using an SD card to install and copy files. This hack can be completed by installing the “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess” on the Wii gaming console. Other than this, the gamer will also need a formatted SD card, SD installer software, and a SD card reader. Therefore to configure the Wii console using the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess hack,
- slide 3 of 5
1. Insert your SD card into the Wii and power on the console. It will be necessary to then go to the Wii menu and run the SD installer software. This software can be obtained from visiting http://www.mediafire.com/?mdinnlyniyk
2. The installer will ask you which location to load the SD installer software to the hard drive.
3. It will even give you the option to install the Twilight Hack based on where you live: Twilight Hack (Asia), Twilight Hack (USA), Twilight Hack (Europe, UK).
4. Using the Twilight SD Installer, the gamer can also load the “Homebrew Channel” and “Homebrew Browser”.
5. Put a tick in box of the gamer’s location to install Twilight Hack. Also select what other Homebrew components you would like to install.
6. Clicking “Next” will tell the computer to load the Wii SD installer software selected to your chosen hard drive location.
7. The next step involves unplugging your formatted SD card from the computer, and plugging it into the Wii.
8. Use the “Wii Options” menu to copy the Twilight Hack software from the SD card to the Wii.
9. Close the “Wii Options” menu and, immediately insert the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess CD, and run the game.
10. The installation should now be complete to run Wii homebrew applications. After homebrew has been configured onto the Wii console, the player’s world will open up to a large amount of homebrew applications and DVDs that can be used on the console.
- slide 4 of 5
The Advantages Of Wii Homebrew
Therefore, some of the best advantages of using the Wii homebrew channel are the large amounts of DVDs that can be played on the Wii console. By installing homebrew, the Wii console owner would be able to play various DVD movies without a complicated hardware to their system.
Another advantage of the addition of homebrew is the added possibility of playing music using the SD card. Wii homebrew gives the console the added feature of playing mp3s. A third reason for adding homebrew is the ability to play old versions of Nintendo games. The homebrew channel gives gamers the possibility to play older Nintendo games, even those from the GameBoy handhelds.
- slide 5 of 5
The Disadvantages Of Wii Homebrew
However, the problem with changing the configuration of the Wii gaming console does have its disadvantages. It is possible for the Wii console to not work after installing the homebrew. This disadvantage is mainly seen after updating the Wii firmware, as homebrew applications may not function after an update. Another disadvantage of Wii homebrew is the safety issues. Be mindful that applications downloaded from the homebrew channel have the potential to install a virus on your Wii console. If this happens, the gaming console can crash and never work again.