Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Secrets and Unlockables
If you'd like to know how to unlock various characters, items and upgrades in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess then check out this article. There are lots of hints and tips and a few secrets revealed to help you on your way.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii is a popular action adventure game from Nintendo. You play as the eternally youthful Link and you have to battle various monsters and an evil dark wizard in order to restore the freedom of Hyrule. It is a beautifully designed game which takes full advantage of the Wii controller’s potential. Incredibly high production values led to deservedly amazing reviews. Here is a link to the Bright Hub review of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
It is a big game with a wealth of content and there are loads of secrets. First we’ll take a look at Twilight Princess' unlockables and reveal how to unlock them. You can unlock various fairies by completing rooms in the Cave of Ordeals, located in the southeast corner of the Gerudo Desert. Fairies are great for healing. Here is how many rooms you need to complete to unlock the fairies in each location.
- Fairies in the Ordon Spring – 10 rooms
- Fairies in the Faron Spring – 20 rooms
- Fairies in the Eldin Spring – 30 rooms
- Fairies in the Lanayru Spring – 40 rooms
- Fairies in every Spring – 50 rooms
Bomb Bags and Quiver Upgrades
You can also obtain bomb bags and quiver upgrades in the game. Here is how to unlock them.
- Bomb Bag 1 – You can buy it in Barnes Bomb Shop in Kakariko
- Bomb Bag 2 – You need to free the Goron from the giant lava rock underwater in the Zora's domain
- Bomb Bag 3 – Destroy the rock barriers for the woman at the River Canoe mini-game
- Bomb Bag Double Capacity Upgrade – Score 25 points or higher in the River Canoe mini-game
- Big Quiver (60 arrows) – Beat the STAR game at Level 1 using Clawshot
- Giant Quiver (100 arrows) – Beat STAR game at Level 2 using Double Clawshot
Upgrade Wallet and Earn Rupees
You can upgrade your wallet so that it carries more cash by giving golden bugs to Agatha in Hyrule Castle Town.
- Big Wallet – give her 1 Golden Bug
- Giant Wallet – give her 24 Golden Bugs
You can also earn some Rupees by giving Poe souls to Jovani.
- Bottle with Fairy Tears – give him 20 Poe souls
- 200 Rupees – give him 60 Poe souls
Twilight Princess Secrets
You can get a free bottle if you go to the fishing hole and fish to the left of the bridge where the water is darker.
You can unlock the Frog Fishing Lure by beating all 8 levels of the Roal Goal mini-game.
If you check behind the sign at the fishing hole you’ll see three mounds of dirt. Transform into the wolf and dig for earth worms that you can use as bait.
In order to find all the Heart Pieces go to Fanadi’s Palace in Hyrule Castle Town and pay her 10 Rupees to give you a Love fortune. This will reveal the location of a Heart piece.
After you visit the City of the Sky it will always be daytime when you return.
Once you progress past the third dungeon donate 1000 Rupees to the Goron in the Malo Mart in Kakariko. Talk to the Goron elder outside the shop and if you complete his quest the second donation will be reduced from 2000 to just 200 Rupees.
You can make a quick bit of cash by visiting the Kakariko Graveyard. Take your lantern and light the two unlit torches to discover a chest with 50 Rupees. You’ll find another 10 Rupees under one of the pushable gravestones.
On the path from Kakariko to Death Mountain there is a secret cave with vines hanging from it. Use your Clawshot to grab hold and climb inside, quickly kill the rare chu and you’ll get an attack and health booster.