Story Progression 1
This first batch of trophies are all unlocked during natural progression of the storyline and cannot be missed.
- Complete Da Vinci's Hideout (Bronze) – Complete the main path of Da Vinci's Hideout.
- Complete Victoria's Lab (Bronze) – Complete the main path of Victoria's Lab.
- Complete The Factory of a Better Tomorrow (Bronze) – Complete the main path of The Factory Of A Better Tomorrow.
- Complete Avalonia (Bronze) – Complete the main path of Avalonia.
- Complete Eve's Asylum For The Mentally Alternative (Bronze) – Complete the main path of Eve's Asylum For The Mentally Alternative.
- Complete Story Mode (Silver) – Complete the main path of the Story Mode.
- Monster Masher (Bronze) – Kill 20 monsters in Story levels. You will kill much more than 20 monsters over the duration of Story Mode, so this will occur naturally.
Story Progression 2
The next list of trophies all need to be completed while playing through Story Mode.
- Mortal Coil Shuffler Extraordinaire (Bronze) – Accumulate 20 deaths in one Story level. Channel your inner lemming and start committing suicide repeatedly.
- Multiplier 5x (Bronze) – Score a 5x multiplier in a Story level.
- Multiplier 10x (Bronze) – Score a 10x multiplier in a Story level. Bonus levels within Story Mode also count. Your multiplier is increased when you collect point bubbles in rapid succession. A good spot to attempt a 10x multiplier is the level "Flying in the Face of Danger" in the Avalonia chapter.
- Scoreboard 50% (Bronze) – Place in the top 50% of players in the online scoreboard for a Story level.
- Scoreboard 25% (Silver) – Place in the top 25% of players in the online scoreboard for a Story level. There isn't much advice to give here, other than to practice getting all the point bubbles as fast as you can on a level you're familiar with.
- Prize Collector (Bronze) – Collect 50% of Story prize bubbles.
- Uber Prize Collector (Silver) – Collect 100% of Story prize bubbles. Prize bubbles are collected within levels, awarded for acing and completing levels, and also for collecting all the point bubbles in a level.
- Aces in Spades (Bronze) – Ace 10 different Story levels in a row. To ace a level, complete it without dying.
- Ace Story Mode (Gold) – Ace every level in the Story Mode. Once you ace a Story level, a gold-colored spade will appear over it on the level select screen. This makes tracking your progress much easier.
- 10 Story Versus Wins (Bronze) – Win 10 Story Mode Versus games against at least one other player offline. You do not need to win 10 distinct versus levels; winning the same versus level 10 times is enough to earn the trophy.
10 Minutes of Create (Bronze)– Spend 10 active minutes in Create Mode.
- 1440 Minutes of Create (Gold) – Spend 24 active hours in Create Mode. "Active" means that you can not be sitting idle to accumulate time and run up the clock for this trophy; you must be actively playing.
- Community Spirit (Bronze) – Publish a level to the community.
- Step Into My Arena (Bronze) – Publish a Versus mode level. After creating a level, change gameplay type to Versus under the "Global Controls" menu, and then publish it.
- Long Term Publisher (Bronze) – A level you published has been published for 7 days.
- 50 Unique Players (Bronze) – A level you published was played by 50 unique players. This will either occur naturally, or you can boost with friends to increase your tally.
- Custom Badger (Bronze) – Create a custom badge for your level from a PlayStation Eye photo or an in-game photo. This trophy is a bit deceptive, for you need to not only create and use a custom badge, but also publish the level the badge was used in.
- A Series of Tubes (Bronze) – Use a Level Link to link two of your published levels together.
- Teacher's Pet (Bronze) – You watched all the tutorials! Take a gold star, go to the top of the class. There are 52 tutorials to watch in total, so grab some popcorn and hunker down.
Play 5 Versus Levels (Bronze)– Play 5 unique community Versus levels.
- Play 25 Community Levels (Bronze) – Play 25 unique cooperative community levels.
- Play 75 Community Levels (Silver) – Play 75 unique cooperative community levels. Whenever you finish playing a community level, be sure to vote on its quality. This not only better serves the LittleBigPlanet 2 community, but also contributes to the next few trophies.
- 40 Yays of Boos (Bronze) – Give 40 positive or negative votes on community levels.
- 160 Yays or Boos (Gold) – Give 160 positive or negative votes on community levels.
- The Votarator 5 (Bronze) – Rate 5 brand new community levels (less than 10 plays).
- The Votarator 50 (Silver) – Rate 50 brand new community levels (less than 10 plays). When searching for community levels to play, you can choose to view just the Newest Levels; do so to find levels with less than 10 plays.
- Journalistical (Bronze) – Write a review of a community level.
- Paparazzo (Bronze) – Upload a photo. First take a photo by pressing the "Start" button on your controller while in a level and selecting the photo option. Next, upload it to the community from the "My Pictures" menu.
- U Know U a Playa (Silver) – Spend 5 hours playing community levels.
- 25 Online Versus Wins (Bronze) – Win 25 Versus mode community levels against at least 1 other player.
- Actually Quite Good (Bronze) – Place in the top 25% of players in 5 community level scoreboards (with at least 50 other players in them).
- Dive In 25 (Bronze) – Dive in and play 25 random levels with other players, and don't immediately leave!
- A Dip In The Stream (Bronze) – Play a level from your Recent Activity. When you're in your pod, access your computer and select the "Recent Activity" option. Simply play a level from this list to unlock the trophy.
Who Needs Breakfast? (Bronze)– Play before 9 a.m. If you're not an early riser, you can always change the time settings on your PS3 console to trick the game into giving you the trophy.
- Just… One… More… Go… (Bronze) – Play after 9 p.m.
- A Game A Day Keeps The Doctor Away (Silver) – Play LittleBigPlanet 2 on every day of the week. Changing the date settings on your PS3 console in one day increments will trick the game into unlocking this trophy. Alternately, you can always earn it legitimately.
- Snappy Dresser (Bronze) – Change your costume.
- Turbo Slapper (Bronze) – Slap more than one player at once. To perform a slap, hold down the "R2" button on your controller, and then move the right analog joystick from right to left in a swift flick.
- Grapple Hooked (Bronze) – Create a chain of 4 players grappling each other. Enter a level with grappling hook gameplay, then press and hold the "R1" button on your controller to hook yourself to another player. Make a chain of 4 grappled players to pop the trophy.
Now we've reached the last entry in our LittleBigPlanet 2 trophy guide — the platinum:
- 100% Complete (Platinum) – Earn all trophies to unlock this platinum trophy.