Keep Your Mind Sharp
It has become common knowledge now that constantly keeping your brain active can help repel deterioration and psychological diseases like dementia. A flurry of new hand held games have come out in recent years trying to give users quick intellectual blasts to help ward off senility. The Apple App Store now has Brain Tuner to help jog that failing memory.
Brain Turner is designed to give you a series of quick math problems as a way of quickening the thought process. You choose either a series of twenty or a hundred problems, which then display in order on the screen. The job then is to answer whether or not the equation is correct, and do it as quickly and as accurately as possible. For example, it will give you a problem like 5 + 9 = 11, and it is up to the player to decide quickly if this is true or not.
Better Than Average?
This can be a fun distraction, as it is not easy to quickly recognize basic mathematical equations. The program is free so it does not take a monetary commitment. At the same time there is almost no content here besides very basic math. It does not get harder, nor does it have any more diverse options for game play. The interface is simple and basic, to a fault, and it can get rather boring before you even finish your first twenty question run. Its most positive attribute is that is saves your time and scores, compelling you to try and better yourself. This may be small reason to keep playing, but the eventual boredom is enough to counter that.
This is not an awful program, especially for free, but it does not offer enough to actually warrant the time it takes to download and the space it uses on your mobile phone. There are a number of similar games out there for mobile devices, and though some of them may cost money, they will most likely satisfy your actual need for a brain puzzle.
This post is part of the series: Application Reviews
- Where Are You? – Loopt
- Name That Song – Shazam
- Getting Internet and Tech News with Net News Wire for the iPhone
- Review of the Facebook App for the iPhone
- BrainTuner: A Brain Teaser in Mediocrity
- Review of the Remote iPhone Application
- Have a Drink on Your iPhone Using the iPint App
- The Complete Works of Shakespeare
- Pocket Reference
- An In-Depth Review of Mobile News for the iPhone
- Smack A Toon Lite: A Mild Amusement
- Smiling Rage: Expando Review
- Taking it Old School: Arcade Hoops Review
- Darts App Review: Skip the Bar and Throw Darts on Your iPhone
- Is the Pac-Man iPhone Game Worth the Money?
- Professor of Drinkology
- Finding the Network: The WiFinder Review
- Time in the Night: Night Stand Review
- Tube Time: i.TV Review
- Going International: Daily Planet Review
- Measuring the Swell: Surf Report Review
- iBoredom: Tic Tac Free
- Spiritual Warfare: Tap Defense Review
- Find Your Way Through Mazes with the Labyrinth iPhone Game
- Free Recipes on Your iPhone: Big Oven App Review
- Stanza for iPhone Review: Find Another eBook App
- A Drawing Pad for Your iPhone: Scribble Review