Visit the Nectary in Champs Les Sims
Nectar making can only be done with “The Sims 3: World Adventures” expansion pack. The city that your Sims can visit in France is called Champs Les Sims. This is where you will have to go to learn The Sims 3 nectar making skill and buy the equipment to take home with you to make more and improve your skills.
The Nectary is a very nicely detailed building that your Sims can visit while in France. It features a large garden outside that grows the new types of grapes and also some fruit trees around the property that you can harvest as well. If your Sim has the required skill level to harvest crops, be sure to go here to get these new fruits for free!
Buy the Nectar Making Items
Inside the nectary there is a place for you to purchase the new items to help you make all of the nectar you want once you return home. You can also purchase grapes and nectar already made here too. Be sure to get the required equipment before your Sim returns home if this is a skill you want them to learn!
The L’amour des Fruits Nectar Maker costs $1,500. The nectar racks are also available to store the nectar (preferably in your Sim’s basement). If your Sim is a celebrity, they will receive a discount on their purchase.
Learn The Sims 3 Nectar Skill
The most fun way to learn this skill is by actually making the nectar. You will need to have high quality ingredients when making the best nectars, so it is a good idea to also have your Sim learn the gardening skill too.
You can also stop by the “Circle of Knowledge Bookstore” to buy the three Nectar Making skill books. This is a fast way to learn the skills and is a good option to raise the skill levels for Sims learning how to make nectar.
As your Sims level up from making The Sims 3 nectar, they will learn new abilities for the skill.
- Level 0 to 3 – basic nectar can be made with up to three bottles produced.
- Level 4 to 6 – concentrated nectar can also be made that is of higher quality but only two bottles can be produced with this type.
- Level 7 to 8 – nectar can be mass produced now which has a lower quality but yields up to four bottles at a time.
- Level 9 to 10 – nectar can now have an extended nectaration which gives the nectar made +15% quality, but it takes longer to make.
If your Sim really loves making nectar and you have “The Sims 3: Ambitions” expansion pack, you can register them as being a self-employed Nectar Maker so they can work at home making their drink of choice!
To make nectar, you will need to have ten fruits to place into the nectar maker. Higher quality and rarer ingredients will produce better results. Once you have the fruit placed into the nectar maker, you will have to squish the fruit. Once it is squished, you can start the process to make your nectar. Once it is finished, you will get a popup message telling you the quality of it and also have the choice to name it.
Amazing Nectar Recipes
The following recipes for nectar will give the amazing flavor when Sims drink it.
- 9 of The Sims 3 life fruits, 1 pomegranate
- 8 flame fruit, 2 cherries
- 7 life fruit, 2 flame fruit, 1 watermelon
- 7 life fruit, 2 flame fruit, 1 plum
- 7 flame fruit, 1 life fruit, 1 avornalino, 1 plum
- 6 life fruit, 3 flame fruit, 1 cheromola blan
- 5 life fruit, 5 pomelo
- 5 life fruit, 5 cranerlet nuala
- 2 life fruit, 2 gralladina fran, 2 cranerlet nuala, 2 cherries, 2 pomelo
- 2 gralladina fran, 2 cranerlet nuala, 1 life fruit, 1 flame fruit, 1 cherry, 1 pomelo, 1 avorlina, 1 meloire
Great Nectar Recipes
The following recipes for nectar will give the great flavor when Sims drink it.
- 9 flame fruit, 1 gralladina fran grape
- 9 cranerlet nuala grapes, 1 pomelo
- 9 pomelo, 1 cranerlet nuapa grape
- 8 pomelo, 2 watermelons
- 6 limes, 4 renoit grapes
Note: For beginners, it is best to start with an easy recipe such as using 5 apples and 5 renoit grapes.
Age the Nectar
To age the nectar, it must be placed in one of the nectar racks. The more expensive rack called the “Necteaux Rack” ages the bottles faster than the “Flavor Savor Nectar Rack.” The racks need to also be placed into your Sim’s basement. If you don’t have one, make a small one specifically for this purpose. Nectar aged this way will gain about 10% in monetary value each day.
Celebrate with Nectar in The Sims 3: Generations
If you have “The Sims 3: Generations” expansion pack, your Sims can now have The Sims 3 bachelor party or bachelorette party before tying the knot. At this special one-time only party, Sims can celebrate by spraying nectar on one another. You don’t actually need The Sims 3 nectar in your inventory to celebrate with the nectar; it just has to be done when at the bachelor/ette party.
All screenshots and references from The Sims 3.
Screenshots provided by the writer.