The Sims 3 is the newest simulation game that is part of The Sims series by Electronic Arts. The highly popular simulation game allows the players, also known as “Simmers" to fully customize their Sims, the buildings, and the world that their Sims lives in.
If you are new to The Sims series, or are a hardcore Simmer, this guide will help give you all of the information that you need to fully experience the game, and other add-ons or upgrades to it. Be sure to bookmark this article so you can easily reference the articles you’ll want to read as you play the game.
The Sims 3 Base Game
These articles all include gameplay that works with no additional expansions or stuff packs added to the game. Often the upgrades to the game do add-on to the additional gameplay, so when new things are added, some of these aspects to the game are also upgraded.
Main Game Guides
- Guide to Careers
- Guide to Life Stages
- Guide to Traits
- The Ultimate Guide to Moodlets
- The Ultimate Guide to Skills
- Guide to Hidden Skills
- Lifetime Rewards
- Lifetime Wishes
House and Neighborhood Guides
- Guide to Worlds and Neighborhoods
- How to Move to a New House
- How to Decorate Your Sim’s Home
- Flowers to Use and Decorate with
- Houses and Residential Lots
- Lot Types
- How to Make a Basement
Aliens, Ghosts, and Gnomes – Oh My!
Guides for the Collecting Hobby
Marriage, Pregnancy, and WooHoo in The Sims 3
- Sex and Nudity in The Sims Series
- Sexy Clothes
- Get Married
- Pregnancy Guide
- Pregnancy Mods
- How to Have Triplets
- How to Customize Music in the Game
- How to Backup Downloads and Files
- How to Recover from the Incompatible Error
- System Requirements
Cheats and Mods
World Adventures Expansion Pack
The first expansion pack to The Sims 3 was “World Adventures." This EP gave the ability for Sims to go on vacation to three different locations. They could travel to new neighborhoods in China, Egypt, and France. While vacationing, they are also able to go on quests and into tombs. Adventurous Sims and Simmers especially enjoyed this EP.
- Guide to World Adventures
- Buy a Vacation Home
- Nectar: The Drink of Choice for Sims
- Build a Sarcophagus
- Is That a Mummy?
Ambitions Expansion Pack
The “Ambitions" EP is all about professions. This new type of a career actually allows players to do their Sim’s job. The new types of professions that were added includes: Architect, Firefighter, Ghost Hunter, Inventor, Private Investigator, Sculptor, Stylist, and Tattoo Artist.
- Review of The Sims 3: Ambitions
- Guide to Inventions
- Build a Time Machine
- Make a SimBot
- Fashion Career
- Get a Tattoo
- Real Estate
- Service Awards
Late Night Expansion Pack
The “Late Night" EP is one of the best EPs that have been added to the game. The new town of Bridgeport that was added is a neighborhood with a beautiful downtown area with high-rises. Sims can become celebrities and go into exclusive bars, lounges, and clubs. While there, they might even bump into one of the vampires. Hot tubs and skinny dipping were also added, so you’ll be sure to have some fun with this expansion!
Late Night Guides
- Review of The Sims 3: Late Night Expansion Pack
- Bridgeport – The New Downtown Neighborhood
- Become a Celebrity
- Bars, Clubs, and Lounges
- Elevators – Not Just for Going Up a Floor
- Food Truck
- Hot Tubs
- Go Skinny Dipping
- Hire a Butler
- Zodiac Signs
- Guide to Vampires
- Do Your Sims have Vamp Style?
- The Hidden Bar Just for Vampires
- Have a Vampire Baby
- Want to Play as a Vampire Ghost?
- How to Get a Vampire Gnome
Generations Expansion Pack
The “Generations" expansion pack isn’t as noticeable with the additions. However, there are many new and fun things for Sims to use, and do with this EP. Each stage of life received something to make their generation have more things to do. It is a great EP that shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Review of The Sims 3: Generations Expansion Pack
- Memories and Scrapbooks
- Chemistry Set
- Record Movies on the Video Camera
- Tell Spooky Stories
- Tree Houses
- Water Slides
Additions for Kids and Teens
- Afterschool Activities
- Boarding Schools
- Bunk Beds
- Imaginary Friends
- Sandboxes and Sandcastles
- Sleepovers and Pillow Fights
Additions for Young Adults and Older Sims
- Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties
- Daycare Business
- Go on a Date
- Midlife Crisis
- Punish Kids for Misbehaving
- Romantic Reputation
- The Potion of Youth
Pets Expansion Pack
The “Pets" EP hasn’t been released yet, but it will be available in Fall 2011. This EP will bring pets to the game, so your Sims will have dogs, cats, and even horses! This looks like it is going to be an amazing EP, so check back here after it is released for more articles for you to read about it.
- Preview to the Pets Expansion Pack
- More Coming Soon!
The stuff packs for the game don’t include as much content as the expansion packs do. They focus on certain aspects of the game and add in new content for the theme the stuff pack is based on. This is similar to purchasing items in a set from the online store, but you get much more content in a stuff pack than you would just purchasing a set from the online store.
- Review of The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff
- Review of The Sims 3: Fast Lane
- Review of The Sims3: Outdoor Living
- Review of The Sims 3: Town Life
The Sims 3 online store is a place where registered users can go to download and buy additional content. The currency used to purchase these items is called “SimPoints" and generally it costs $10 for 1,000 SimPoints. There are some free items from the online store but not many. Users can also upload and download other Simmer’s creations on “The Exchange" for free.
Magic and Spells
Popular Book and Movie Characters
- Alice in Wonderland Downloads
- Avatar Character Neytiri
- Harry Potter Downloads
- True Blood Downloads
- Twilight Characters
- Twilight Buildings
- All screenshots and references from The Sims 3.Screenshots provided by the writer.