The Sims 3 Store
Custom content for “The Sims 3” can be purchased at the official online store. This includes all of the official content that works for the games and generally won’t cause stability issues when playing the game. This includes everything from The Sims 3 sexy clothes, hairstyles, objects, and sets of items.
There is also new content that includes additional gameplay to the game that is available for purchase and download. The first set like this is The Sims 3 Gothique Library which includes the item that Sims can use to learn and cast spells. It is likely that more additions will be able to be purchased this way in the future, so if spells aren’t your thing, keep checking in with the official store.
The custom content that you can download for free on other websites, such as Mod the Sims is great, but it hasn’t been reviewed by EA and will sometimes cause crashes or cause your game to not update properly. Use those types of downloads at your own risk.
In The Sims 3 neighborhoods there are different types of lots. The zoning areas determine what you can place on that lot. If it is residential, only houses can be placed there for Sims to move into. If it is a community venue, it is a specific type of venue only that type can be placed there. For instance, a trendy The Sims 3 club can’t be placed on a lot zoned for a school.
Note: If you don’t have an open space for the new library, you can re-zone one that is open that will fit the new library in the “Edit Town” mode.
The Gothique Library
The new library is designed very well and makes for a beautiful addition to all of the regular neighborhoods in the game. It has five floors and even a basement area that has a fire-pit and water. There are fountains on the property and even a few headstones where Sims can mourn for deceased Sims or be spooked by The Sims 3 ghosts.
It is designed with the new items included in the set except for the “Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells.” If this is something you want to add into the venue, go ahead and add it. Doing this will help save your Sims a large amount of money! The basement area is a perfect spot for this new item!
There are of course a large amount of bookcases in the library. There are no computers, but it is a great place to go to study because just being inside of it gives the “Power Study” moodlet that makes learning or reading more efficient. There are also a couple of chess tables for Sims to learn the logic skill with and fireplaces to help add to the ambiance of the venue.
If your Sim is there for an extended amount of time, there is also a full bathroom and even a bed for Sims to sleep on.
What is Included in the Purchase of the Gothique Library?
This new set is only available for purchase at The Sims 3 Store. It costs 1,200 SimPoints for the set. However, if you don’t want the whole set, you can purchase the objects separately. However, for the price, it isn’t a bad deal to just buy the set. Plus, the new library looks really great in the game!
Items that are included with The Sims 3 Gothique Library set:
- Gothique Library – this is a new library venue that is already designed and ready to be placed into your town. It is a really beautiful library and features new items that are also included with this set.
- Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells – this is the item that gives the additional gameplay. It is a stand with a tome on it that allows Sims to learn and cast spells. It costs $72,000 Simoleons to purchase so you may need to use the “Motherlode” The Sims 3 money cheat to purchase this item in the game!
- Furniture – new furniture included has a very gothic feel to it and is found throughout the library. New items include: Thurstans Library Pews, Leofwin’s Dining Chair, Thurstans Coffee Table.
Objects– the new objects in the set help give a medieval or gothic feel to the library that you can also use at home. New objects include: Medieval Chess Table, Leofwin’s Bookshelf, Dark of the Night Candle, Mounted Candle Box.
- Structural – the new set also includes architectural items that you can use in the “Build Mode” when designing buildings such as other Sims 3 gothic lots in the game to go with your new library. New items include: Protected Column, Protected Column Three Story, Protected Column Two Story.
- Windows – new windows included in the set are the Traceried Window and the Three Traceried Windows.
The content included with The Sims 3 Gothique Library set is of high quality and the additional gameplay included in the set is also fun. If you’ve wanted the ability to cast spells in the game, this is your chance!
All screenshots and references from The Sims 3.
Screenshots provided by the writer.