The Sims 3 Time Machine
With The Sims 3: Ambitions expansion pack, Sims are able to become inventors and also raise their invention skill that is used to invent objects such as the time machine. The time machine is only able to be created with the invention skill and takes up a 2×5 space.
When Sims travel to either the past or to the future, they can receive both positive and negative side effects. Some of these include: new jobs, friends, and even a new Sim that is added to the household. Sometimes the time traveler even comes back with a new outfit, book, cash, decorating objects, and other various items that are relevant to the time period traveled to with the time machine in The Sims 3.
How to Make a Time Machine in The Sims 3
If your Sim is wondering how to make a time machine in The Sims 3, they can do so pretty easily, if they have the skills. Raise your Sim’s inventing skill by creating inventions, reading the inventing skill book, and eventually, they will be able to make the time machine as one of the “Big Inventions” that they unlock and are able to invent. Other “Big Inventions” include: floor hygienator, harvester, miner, and a SimBot.
If your Sim is taking a long time to create inventions and raise their inventing skill high enough to make a time machine in The Sims 3, the Sims 3 cheats such as the one that makes needs static would be extremely helpful.
Time Machine Travel to the Past
When a Sim travels to the past, they can sometimes come back and have a new career randomly given to a member of the household. They can also come back and have new friends added for themselves or for the entire household. Sometimes, a Sim can come back with a new member added to the household that is added as a “child” of the Sim, but the info on the Sim will say that they are an ancestor. Occasionally, if a Sim is a ghost, they can come back to life when they return.
Items that can be added when traveling to the past include:
- New outfits of either “Prehistoric Rags” or “Medieval Attire”
- Caveman gnome
- Life Fruit
- Flame Fruit
- Omni Plant seed
- Mood Light Candle
- Artsy Easel
- Fuzzy Logic Picnic Basket
- Sonaflux guitar
- Firefighter of the Year trophy
- Books: The Four Corners of the Earth, To Hunt or Gather?, War and More War, Fire: Terrifying but Essential, 1000 Ways to Stew Brontosaurus, The Fall of Atlantis, and Lady Veronica Farfleton and the Magical Harpsichord.
Time Machine Travel to the Future
When a Sim travels to the future with the time machine, sometimes, a Sim can come back with a new member added to the household that is added as a “child” of the Sim, but they can come as any age from a child to an elder.
Items that can be added when traveling to the future, from figuring out how to make a time machine in The Sims 3, include:
- New futuristic outfit
- Birthday inferno cake
- Dancing Bunny Painting
- XS 4258p Laptop from Landgraab Industries
- Audio Lite by LoFi Audio
- Death Seed
- World’s Brew Bubble Bath
- Prince of Pickleburb Painting
- Ducksworth of Bathington
- Books: SimCity 7940 Tips and Tricks, Mars Real Estate Dos and Don’ts, Gone with the Solar Wind, Don’t Tread on Me: A Robot Manifesto for Freedom, Blips and Bloops, Remembering the Internet; How the World was Changed, So Hot in Binary, Signs You’re a Clone