The Sims 3 Vampires
Vampires were not included in the base game for The Sims 3. They are only available to those who have The Sims 3: Late Night expansion pack installed.
The Sims 3 vampires love nightlife and will actually burn in the sun, so the large downtown nightlife in Bridgeport is the perfect spot for them to live. You can spot them from regular Sims because they are paler and their skin is slightly glowing, they also have fangs and a bite mark on their neck (if you get close enough to notice), and they also have glowing eyes. Once you interact with a vampire, check out the “Relationship” bar in the interface, and you will see that their square has a red glow surrounding it; this means that they are a vampire. Read on to find out how to be a vampire in The Sims 3!
Where to Find Vampires in The Sims 3
Finding a vampire in Bridgeport is rather easy. There are usually vampires hanging around at The Plasma 501 lounge, and if you don’t see one there, head over to The Brightmore club, where they also like to frequent. Vampires are also a frequent guest to many parties, so accept invitations from random NPCs that want you to show up for their party.
If one of your regular friends becomes a vampire, you will notice by looking at the relationship tab and seeing their Sim box glow red.
How to Be a Vampire in The Sims 3
To become a vampire in The Sims 3 Late Night, you need to build a decent relationship with a vampire. Watch TV with them, have a romantic connection with one, WooHoo with them, etc. Then select the “Ask to Turn” action, and see if they will. After the vampire Sim bites your Sim, it will take three days for you to transform into a vampire.
Once you are one of the Sims 3 vampires, you will have special vampire powers including: hunt, the ability to make Sims think of them, enhanced motives, the ability to read another Sim’s mind, super speed and endurance, the ability to learn skills faster, super strength, and the ability to persuade other Sims to do certain things.
There are some drawbacks too though, such as: you will die of thirst if you don’t drink plasma (and even turn to ash), sunlight will make you burn, and garlic and regular Sim food will make you sick.
What Vampire Sims Drink
Vampires aren’t hungry, except for blood/plasma. Instead of the “hunger” motive, they now have a “thirst” motive and need to drink plasma in order to survive. Vampires can drink Plasma from Sims, Plasma Fruit, or Plasma Packs.
Feeding off Sims – in order for a Sims 3 vampire to drink from another Sim, they must first ask permission. If they have a high enough relationship with the Sim, they will probably say yes. If they don’t, they will get a funny message letting them know that it is not okay with them. Vampires can also hunt their prey and receive a high moodlet after feeding off the Sim.
Plasma Fruit – vampires can use this fruit to satisfy their thirst for blood.
Plasma Packs – these look like juice boxes, but with plasma. Vampires can get these out of any refrigerator.
Fun Vampire Sims Facts
- Vampire Sims are able to sleep in a coffin or in a regular bed.
- If a Sims 3 vampire sleeps in the “Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings” coffin three times, they will receive the “Evil” trait in place of a random trait they had.
- Instead of seeing them sleep with Zzzzs over their head, they have Vvvvs.
- Vampires have a positive moodlet at night that gives them accelerated skill building.
- Vampires bite a lover on the neck, and on the wrist if just friends.
- Drinking from a Sim won’t turn them into a vampire, unless they ask to be turned.
- Celebrity vampires need to watch out for the paparazzi, they love to start scandals if they are feeding from human Sims.
- If a Vampire no longer wants to be a vampire, they are able to become a normal human again if they visit the Science Lab and pay the 3,000 Simoleons for the anti-vampirism potion.
- Vampire Sims children are possible. Vampire females can get pregnant and will have a vampire baby if the father is also a vampire. If the couple is human and vampire, there is a 50% chance that the baby will be a vampire.